How does the LifeLinks process work?
LifeLinks listens to your concerns about your loved one’s current living situation to better understand what you want and what you need for your aging loved one.
LifeLinks helps you decide whether our senior services are a good fit for you or if an alternative solution is preferable. There is no charge for this free initial phone interview and we will answer any questions you may have about our pricing or process. If we are a good fit, we begin by reviewing preliminary paperwork and obtaining signatures consenting to our services and our HIPAA release forms.
LifeLinks develops a senior care management plan and outlines services based on the individual needs identified during an on-site or virtual assessment. We will outline precise, recommended actions and work together to determine who will provide these services and determine budgetary guidelines. We consider all family, community and professional resources available during this step. Our recommendations include, but are not limited to:
- Living options (independent living, assisted living, nursing home, health care centers)
- Plan of care
- Advance directives and other necessary paperwork
- Accessing benefits such as veterans aid and attendance or long-term care insurance
- Coordinating home health (medical, non-medical and/or sitters)
- Home safety improvements
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Medical options
- Bill organizing and paying
- Transportation, driving assessment
- Meal delivery, meal planning, grocery list preparation
- Connecting you to experts in financial planning, elder law, estate planning and funeral arrangements
- Medical equipment options
LifeLinks monitors the senior care management and services being provided and re-assesses your loved one’s quality of life. We also make recommendations based on these observations when changes to the plan are needed.
LifeLinks is by your side. When we begin our relationship, you will be assigned a primary Aging Life Care™ specialist who is with you every step of the way. Your personal LifeLinks specialist is your primary point of contact who will get to know you inside and out, coordinate care services needed and help walk you through any complex tasks or demands that come naturally with aging. Through your primary care specialist, you have access to a team of nurses, social workers and physical therapists to provide the holistic, well-rounded care you need.