cheryl hawkins theriault - AGING LIFE CARE FELLOW
Before merging her company with LifeLinks, Cheryl owned Raleigh's first private geriatric care management service in the Triangle, Aging Family Services. She has helped serve the Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill area since 1993, and has been working with older and disabled adults and their families for more than 20 years.
Prior to forming her own company, Cheryl provided care and services for the elderly and disabled through Hospice of Wake County and the Dept. of Social Services in Wake and Forsyth counties.
Cheryl has also served in the following organizations:
- Eldercare Coalition, 1991 – 1994
- Wake County Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee, 1993 – 1999. Chair – 1997.
- North Carolina State University School of Social Work Advisory Committee 1996 – present. Chair 1996 – 2000
- Board Member, North Carolina Guardianship Association
- Advisory Board Member, North Carolina State University, Geriatric Enrichment in Social Work Education, 2002 – 2003
- 2004 Distinguished Alumni Award – Department of Social Work – North Carolina State University
- President, Southeast Chapter National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers 2006 – 2008
- National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers – Board member – 2009 – present
Education and certifications
- Masters Degree in Social Work, UNC Chapel Hill
- Bachelor’s Degree (with distinction) in Social Work NCSU
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, (LCSW) North Carolina 1994
- National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers
- National Association of Social Workers
- American Society on Aging
- Charter Member, National Guardianship Association
- North Carolina Guardianship Association
- CMC – Care Manager Certification
You may send email to Cheryl at Cheryl@LifeLinks.Care.